Monday, March 14, 2011

Vertigo-A-Go-Go

Yesterday started like any other day, the alarm went off, I showered, dressed, brushed my teeth. Oh wait I need to blow my nose because I am still sick and POW! Instant vertigo!


I  knew something was "wrong" especially when I started falling backwards into the wall from my lack of equilibrium. Once I situated myself in the corner of the wall I knew this was not good. My ears started ringing and humming at the same time. I had zero balance. The room was spinning, clockwise to be exact and the amount of pressure in my head was unreal. Left with no options I yelled for Tom to come help me, he jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. (Thinking I was having a miscarriage until he got in there!) He comes in and I tell him what's going on, I need to lay on the floor so he helped me to the ground. Then the nausea kicked in, I imagine it's what people experience when they have motion sickness. I of course started to cry, this was freaking me out and I the control-freak could not control any of it. I finally got my self together and Tom helped me to the bed. I think I laid there for 40 minutes or more before my episode passed and I finished getting ready and headed to work. Vertigo is not fun and I'm hoping that is my last encounter!

1 comment: