Thursday, January 25, 2007

And I Died Of Embarrassment...

The past couple of days a lady that I work with, happens to also live at the end of my street and I have been giving her a ride to work. 

Yesterday we cracked up laughing the whole way there and back. This morning we started cracking up laughing again and talking about my Sugarland CD that is playing etc. I asked her if she heard the song Stay. She said, "no is it on there?"  I said, "yeah do want to hear it."  She said "sure, turn it up." So we listened to that song and the next song came on.  

I just couldn't control my urge to sing.

I love singing and my brain is programmed that driving in the car equals singing.

 So she yells, "You go girl, you can really sing."  I started dying laughing. She said "No, I am serious, you can really sing" I said "Well, thank you" (All the while I am dying laughing.) So then she makes song requests so that I will sing more Sugarland. She was cracking me up.

We get to work and she announces to everyone that "Heather can really sing." I am thinking be quite stop telling people! Now everyone wants me to sing for them! No absolutely not! I refuse to sing infront of people I have to look at everyday.  I was about to die from embarassment. I guess I don't take compliments very well.

Everyone also thinks I should try out for American Idol. My response to that is they don't accept fat girls.

4 comments:

  1. i sing in the car ALL the TIME!

    my kids are starting to say "stop it, mommy."

    'cause i'm not very good.

    ;-)

    how's you tooth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always belt it out in the car too. It's embarrassing, though, when the weather is good and I don't realize that my windows are down until I'm sitting at a stoplight and suddenly hear laughter coming from the car next to me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rawkstar got it right on, but at least your not singing into your hairbrush a la Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truth is that many great singers don't make it onto American Idol. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete