Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Marble

catseye.jpg

While we were in Missouri a week ago, we went to look at a house in the country. It was everything my parents had been looking for (they have been looking for about 27 years). The house is beautiful! My parents went with the realtor and looked inside the house and then we looked at the outside. Before we left the realtor asks if we would like to look through the house one more time. Dad and I said no, so Mom went in by herself. After about fifteen minutes she comes onto the porch with tears in her eyes. My dad was talking with the realtor and didn't notice. I walked toward my mom and she held out her hand. In her hand was one marble. (A yellow cat eye to be exact) I started to cry.  Out of this entire big empty house that has been completly emptied and cleaned, she found a lone marble. It felt like a "sign" from Grandpa as if he was telling my parents to buy this house. We got ourselves together and went to Dexter to visit family and carry out our trip while we were there.

My Grandpa when he was a child was very into playing marbles. He played them all the time and one time he didn't pick up his marbles so his mother put them in the oven and melted them down. He talked about marbles all the time so this will always be in my mind and remind me of him when I think of a marble.

Last week my mom called the realtor and is in the process of putting a bid on the house. I don't know why but this house is stuck in all of our minds. How can we deny the marble?

12174.jpg

2 comments: