Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I'm Back!

Well I am back, after tons of driving and dealing with family, I am exhausted.

My Aunt Carol was getting on my last nerve she had the balls to come to my Grandma's apartment and tell my parents she is coming to live with them in Delaware.

My thoughts-I am sorry what did you just say, where the hell did this come from? 

My mom ignored her the first day she hinted around then the next day (Friday) she came back to the apartment and spent the night there. Me and the parents were in Dexter during the day visiting my dad's family when we came back to St.Louis we saw her car in the parking lot and turned right around and got a hotel room. In the morning my mom went over to Grandma's and Aunt Carol said she wanted to come to DE again. My mom said if you want to come to DE you need to get a job and start saving money and get an apartment, immediately. My Aunt said well I don't want to do that I just want to stay with you. My mom told her well you sure as fuck aren't coming to my house to live for free. That was it for that discussion she went home that Saturday and we haven't seen her since.

You should have seen my Aunt Carol (mom's sister) my Uncle Ray (mom's brother) and Aunt Carol's kids. They were trying to get there grubby hands on everything. It was ridiculous! I wanted to yell, "Grandma isn't dead yet, you know." Aunt Carol and her kids are greedy and selfish, and Uncle Ray is selfish but none of us like Aunt Carol so I think my Uncle was trying to stake claim on things so she didn't get them. For Example: Grandma gave me her barbecue grill but Aunt Carol took it home with her on Saturday when no one was paying attention.

It is times like these that I am glad I live in DE and they live in MO!

6 comments:

  1. When someone in the family passes away it makes everybody act really strange. My mother and aunt fought over a house when my grandparents died. Mom wanted to keep it in the family, all the grandchildren had grown up visiting there at holidays and christmas. My aunt didn't have children and so she just wanted the money. So my mom offered to buy my aunt's half from her at current market value. My aunt said no, it has to be sold outside the family so it won't appreciate in value and then my mom would have an asset that my aunt didn't. See? Freaky behaviour, but that's what grief and money will do it seems.

    I'm sorry you have so much on your plate right now.

    Lola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, it's not like you don't have enought to deal with. These friggin people are on MY nerves! What the heck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that. I really appreciate it. I've been reading through your blog and can completely commiserate. On Christmas Eve my Grandma died of cancer. If it's any consolation at all.. my Grandma also has 11 brothers and sisters so everything is always ubelievably crazy. Hope your Grandpa is doing as best as can be expected.. and once again - thanks for deleting that comment..

    All the best,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, so ok, when you gonna write again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sentiments exactly, when are you going to write again? *taps foot* ;)

    Hope you're well.

    Lola x

    ReplyDelete