Sunday, February 18, 2007

Just Plain Weird!

Yesterday, my mom and I, along with my two nieces went to the mall. While we were there my mother who constantly hasto pee, had to pee. She said can you watch the girls for a second, sure. As we are standing there this little boy was being mean and kept telling Mak to get on the mechanical ride. I immediately picked her up and pushed the stroller away from this ill mannered child. I asked her if he was bothering her and she said yes. I asked if she wanted to go to the bathroom and she said no. I said are you sure Mammie is in there. She says yes I have to go really bad. I held her hand and pushed the stroller with the baby in it to the bathroom. We located my mom and she went with her. I stayed in the hall and waited with the baby. While I am standing there this man comes and rushes up to me.

The man: Hi, how are you?

Me: Fine, how are you?

Man: Not good my tooth really hurts, see, you can see the discoloration. (Yes he is opening his mouth and showing me)

Me: Oh yeah that is horrible.

Man: Yeah, it really hurts.

Man: WOW, is that your baby?

Me: No, It is my niece.

Man: How old is the baby?

Me: Ummmmm.....She was born in December. (I knew how old she was but I was thinking why is this man so focused on the baby.)

Man: What country are you from?

Me: America. (I was thinking isn't this the pot calling the kettle black since you appear to be Indian.)

Man: WOW, you are not Hispanic?

Me: No.

Just then God saved me and I spotted my mom before I had to fight off this man who I was convinced was trying to steal Jordy.

Me: Oh, see you later!

I told my mom what happened and my mom pushed the stroller and I clenched Mak's hand tightly in mine. I told Mak to stick together just in case a man approached us. I might be being paranoid but that was the weirdest thing ever. I would have choked that man to death if he would have tried to take off with my girls.

My mom in all her humor said "May'be he thought we were Muslim." "Look at Jordy, I put my (black) scarf around her head and shoulders."

OK, Mom whatever you say!

5 comments:

  1. Weird, yes. But you never know about people these days. I don't trust anyone that just comes up and starts talking to me .. haha, yes, I'm paranoid. But you gotta be with all these weirdos running around loose these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I wouldn't have trusted that man either. Who just goes up to a random person in a mall and starts getting all personal like that? Just too weird. You can't trust anyone these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have screamed in his face. Or started speaking in tongues. I like to do insanely bizarre things to people who are being weird like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats crazy! If your internal vibe was sending warning signals, then something was definately wrong. I would have walked into the ladies room to get away.

    ReplyDelete