Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Traumatized

On Friday me and best friend went to the Dunkin' Donuts to grab a white hot chocolate after we had been to the mall.  When I opened my purse to get my wallet, My Purse Ripped! Yes I know, very traumatizing! Right at the top where the clasp is just ripped! I had gotten this purse from my mother in law for Christmas and I love it! I was really pissed that it ripped because I have never had a Vera Bradley tear up before.

Yesterday I called Vera Bradley to ask what I needed to do to get a new bag. They informed to go to the retailer and they will exchange it. So after work I drove to the mall to talk to the guy.

He said, "Well just go on-line to Vera Bradley and you can fill out a claim form." Is this man full of shit or what? There is no claim form and I had already called and talked to someone. I told him I already called and they told me to come down here and if the retailer had any questions that they could call Vera.  So, he gets on the phone to check my story out or something. I guess they put him on hold too long so he said just pick out something and you can exchange it. THANK YOU! This is only what I told you the whole time, numb skull! So needless to say I got my new purse! I had all intention of exchanging my purse and getting the exact same one that I came there with. They didn't have that color so I picked a different color that I didn't have.

What I started with that ripped:

10436_lg.jpg

What I ended up with when I left:

10459_lg.jpg

Can you believe that my husband was mad at me for not getting the same color! He felt that his mother got me that for Christmas and I should have just sewed it shut and kept using it! Ridiculous! I explained to him that they didn't have the same color and he was still mad and said that i should have gone somewhere else then. I was surely not driving all over hell and half of Georgia for a purse! Needless to say he was a grump the rest of the day because of this purse! Men I don't understand them!

8 comments:

  1. The things men choose to get mad at...

    Glad you were able to get a new one. What a fiasco, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you got a new one. It's better to have one that's not defective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure his mother would understand! The new one is super cute! I've never heard of Vera Bradley...am I living under a rock, or is it maybe just not a California thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. :shock: I think you live under a rock! ;-)

    No just kidding, when I was in Missouri hardly anybody had one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rawkstar, you've NEVER HEARD OF VERA?!?!?! I'm sorry, but you're nuts! I think that you may need to take your tush right on over to verabradley.com and buy yourself a couple.

    Here is the link to the colors that are "on the market" right now.
    http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Store/Colors.aspx?dept=990000

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havethat purse (in another color) and I love it. perfect size and shape.

    and your husband is nuts-o. your mil would TOTALLY have wanted you to return it. at these prices, the purse should last longer than two months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Vera Bradley but if it were to get ripped, I'd definitely replace it . . new color and all. Kudos to you! And yes, men don't understand. Why get mad over that? At least you got it replaced and didn't have to keep the defective one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I the only one in shock that he even noticed what color the purse was? He definitely shouldn't be upset, but I'm just kind of proud of him for noticing. I carry a Vera, too and I bet right now my hubby couldn't even tell you what color it is. (That's where my loving daughter comes in on helping him purchase.:)

    Love the new one - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete