Monday, February 5, 2007

No Such Thing As Liquid Courage


white_russian.jpg





Wednesday, my friends invited me to go to the bar and sing karaoke. Part of me thought this would be so much fun. The other part thought I will die of embarrassment and have a panic attack.

I am not much of a going to the bar to hang out kind of person. Mainly because there is always some sleaze ball who wants to hit on you and then linger the rest of the night.  Almost every time I have gone to a bar some dude that is old enough to be my dad comes up and tries to talk to me. Creepy!

My friends signed me up to sing as soon as I got there and my friend Karen and I went up and sang Sugarland's Down in Mississippi together. I was so nervous I thought I might die. Not even three drinks would loosen me up. I thought for sure I was going to have a panic attack. (When I talk in front of people I am fine but singing in front of people is terrifying.) Afterwards I was glad it was over but then my friends wanted me to sing again so I got up and sang Gretchin Wilson's One Bud Wiser. Afterwards everyone told me I had a great voice etc. That made me feel so much better!

In between the two songs some dude named Brother Ed who is friends with my friends came up and threw his arm around my shoulder and said he would like to get some lovin' from me. I think not, get your disgusting late 40's hands off me before I kick you in the balls! But besides that I had a good time and when they asked me Friday to go to karaoke with them I said yes. Fortunately this was at a different bar away from Brother Ed!

2 comments:

  1. you are far braver than I my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On one of our newlywed adventures, my hubby and I tried out some purple hooter shooters, and then some Karaoke. We were in Charleston, SC and knew no one, so no big deal. Neither of us can sing, by the way.

    We, of course, being loyal Tennesseans, picked "Rocky Top."

    I belted that song at the top of my lungs. I had so much fun. So much fun that is, until I realized, on the last line of the song, my loving hubby and partner in this duet, had conveniently turned his microphone off!

    We've never karaoked again. :)

    Thanks for your comments on my site!

    ReplyDelete