Thursday, February 22, 2007

Another State

Winter weather is so crazy right now. One day it is snowing the next it is 60 degrees or raining. Very unpredictable. Last week we had snow about and inch to two inches. At my house it was closer to an inch. Up north were I work was closer to two inches. Then at my house on top of the snow we got freezing rain and ice was everywhere! Up north not so much, there was a little ice but it didn't look like everything was covered in three inches of ice. I am not exaggerating. When I went to clean my car off it was frozen so I am beating all around the edge trying to loosen the door. Nothing. Then a man driving by sees me and offers to help. I assured him I could get it but thank you anyways. I still could not get the damn door open and finally realized I never unlocked the damn door. I sure was glad I didn't ask that man to help me!

I was amazed at what 20 miles difference in weather looks like. This morning the weather at my house was warm and no rain. I get almost to work and it is raining. Sometimes it seems like I am in a whole 'nother state entirely!

5 comments:

  1. this is extra impressive, considering the size of your state. not like you were driving across texas or something - its just teeny-tiny delaware!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that you didn't see all the ice we had. We were covered! But you're right about the changes in weather, it's surprising sometimes that we do live in the same state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! Ok, I'm sorry, but the door thing totally cracked me up! :-) And man....I don't know how you deal with weather like that? I guess I'll never be leaving CA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather has been really strange up here in Little Rhody (that's RI), too... so I guess the smallest state and the second smallest state in the country have something in common!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe . . I giggled at the locked door too. Only because Ive done it myself! Spring is almost here!!!!

    ReplyDelete