Friday, January 30, 2009

Reflexes Like A Cat...

Tom's birthday was the 27th so on Monday we went out to celebrate. His parents watched Hannah and when we got home we chatted for a while before his mom left.

When she left the gate was up, I remember helping her with the gate and I remember I didn't shut it back...you see where this is going.

I had Hannah in my arms and proceeded to the back to change her and then I came out to make her a bottle and put her to bed. I put her on the ground and walked into the Kitchen. I am standing there getting the bottle water warm and my memory comes back. I LEFT THE GATE OPEN!

I literally threw the bottle on the counter and took off running. I see Hannah at the very lip of the stairs. Mid-run I drop to my knee and slide into rescue her before she falls down the steps. Then once I had secured her in my arms I laid there in pain as surely my knee was now shattered. But I saved her and gave myself a heart attack all at the same time!

Don't ask me what possessed me to leave the gate up I don't ever do that. Thankfully I remembered the gate before she fell down the stairs and we spent the night in the hospital. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. I just have one word in my head after reading that whole ordeal.......

    SAFE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete