Saturday, January 31, 2009

NO Bread, NO Red, NO Cheese

This is my latest challenge. I really need something to just get me to drop a bunch of weight. My trainer thinks this is something that I really need to pray on and be focused.

The challenge is that for thirty days I will not eat bread, red meat or any cheese. Now if anyone out there knows me, knows that I LOVE all of these things!  With my PCOS it really is poison to my body when I eat any type of carbs such as pasta or bread. I am not kidding, if I were to eat a small portion of pasta or white bread I will gain at least a pound if not more. I have cut out all white bread and have only been eating wheat but now I am just cutting it out completely.

Cheese mine enemy, I love it! I wouldn't say I eat it at every meal but I will usually eat cheese once or twice a day.

Red meat, my favorite meat this is where we will part ways. I will now be eating chicken or turkey like that's my job!

Surprisingly I am feeling really good about this. I thought I would be taking it harder but so far so good!

If anyone would like to take the challenge with me I would love that!!! Just let me know if you are going to do it too so we can be there for each other!

Another thing I have been working on is cleaning up my mouth! Man has this been a challenge. Try as I might I can't quit cussing, I think I am going to start with one cuss word at a time until I work them all out of my mouth. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. I have a few easy to make, chicken recipes - give me a ring if you are looking for something new to try! Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about MP?

    No worries, there will be plenty of things for me to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i COULD try this, although, I'm doing lower-carb myself, and cheese and red meat are 2 of my staples......
    As for the cussing, what you said is what I did....one word at a time....even a substitute, although it has the same intentions, is better than the word itself....
    praying for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooo very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] The Quotes NO Bread, NO Red, NO Cheese [...]

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] like a failure because it wasn’t working. I was losing a minimal amount of weight and then after the fast was over I really felt defeat. My trainer said “Heather if you do this fast I can guarantee [...]

    ReplyDelete