Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When Work Ethic Goes Out The Window

A strong work ethic used to count for something.

You used to be rewarded for a job well done...am I right?

Apparently not at the company I work for. I have been here for six years and make well under what everyone else around me makes. I received a promotion in October and they informed me that my monetary increase would occur in February and my manager gave me a rough estimate of what my new salary would be. Ahem, fast forward to January and no such thing has occurred!

I did receive my annual pittance but it did not reflect my new title and job responsibilities. So I talked to my manager she was of no use, I talked to employee relations  no luck there either. I called my HRBP,  same song and dance...The economy.  I really don't care about the reasoning because they should have given me a raise in October and they shouldn't have posted a job if they didn't have the money to pay that person accordingly.

My manager even had nerve enough to tell me that anyone that made $60,000.00 or more did not get a raise. I guess I was supposed to feel sorry for them? I wanted to tell her that I didn't give a rat's a$$.

I am just really appalled at the way they promise things and never follow through, it is just wrong on so many levels.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

  1. hey at least you heard of your annual pittance - we keep being told that HR is still trying to decide - just tell us if we don't get one but don't keep dragging your feet. I understand the whole promotion with no raise - I was promoted in December - finally got a raise in March but they didn't make it retro active so I lost almost 4 months of add'l salary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm still in shock over this one.....

    ReplyDelete