Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Challenges and Staying the Course

I am finding it challenging this month to stay the course with my meal plan and fitness. Dealing with my relationship with food is so hard, that urge to make unhealthy decisions is SO hard and SO frustrating. I often feel like I should just give in because that would be so much easier. The constant struggle it plays with your mind must be similar to how an alcoholic or drug addict must feel. Stress just makes it that much worse, food is my coping method. Life gets a little rocky-eat a cupcake. For in that instance your troubles wash away and you don't have a care. Your cupcake is gone and all your problems are still there, so you eat and eat. Nothing gets accomplished this way.

I know that I should trust in the Lord with things like this and adhere to what the Bible tells you. You should not be gluttonous, you should not worry, you should trust in the Lord. While this is all well and good it is much easier said then done. I do find it much more helpful to accomplish my weight loss goals when I read the Bible daily and attend Church on Sunday. It's comforting and you really need that time to re group and rejoice in the Lord. Whenever I miss a service or don't touch the Bible for the day I can really see the difference.

If I could be more disciplined with these areas in my life, life would be much easier! I just don't know what road to take to get there.

1 comment:

  1. the fact that you struggle at all is evidence that the Lord is working in your life. If it were easy for you to do the wrong thing, then I would be worried about you. Stay the course friend, I know you can do it. You have already accomplished so much, I am so proud of you. I don't say it enough.

    ReplyDelete