Monday, August 23, 2010

On the Up Swing

I'm feeling much better about my fitness and meal plan, I am so thankful to have friends there to lift me up when I am falling down. I'm back on track and have lost the couple of pounds I gained back and lost a few old pounds too! I'm at a total of 35 lost. I don't see my trainer until the 31st for a weigh in and I'm hoping by then I'll have reached the 40 lb mark! That would just be so awesome, needless to say I need to stay on my game and not falter.

I had the weirdest dream on Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, for the life of me I don't remember what it was about but it left me with the feeling of renewed faith in the Lord. It was the most wonderful feeling. Lately I have not been taking Hannah to church. We would go together and everything was fine and then just like that she didn't want to go and for three weeks in a row I would drive to church and she would have such a fit that I would just end up going home. This weekend she was adamant about going with me, I thought it strange but explained to her what to expect.  On our way there I said a little prayer that we made it to church safely through the rain and that Hannah would be okay at church and not have a tantrum. We pulled in the parking lot and as soon as I shut off the car she started crying. I thought oh boy here we go again. In my calmest voice I said to her, Hannah we made it all the way here, let's at least try to make it in for church. She shockingly complied and we signed in for nursery and everything. Just as we headed towards the nursery hallway she started crying and yelling she didn't want to go. I calmly told her she could sit with Mommy but that she need to keep quiet the entire time. Much to my surprise, SHE DID IT! She made it the entire hour and a half long service sitting right by my side with no incidents. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! What an answered prayer this has been, I have really been struggling with what is the right decision for Hannah and church. Now I know, she can and did sit through the church service.  I asked her if she wanted to come with Mommy next week and she said she did and was even excited! I'm so happy and I just know this was an answered prayer.

1 comment:

  1. this is so exciting! Can't wait to see how the weeks ahead look. So proud of you for your weight loss acheivments to date!

    ReplyDelete