Friday, January 18, 2008

What A Nice Way to End the Week!

I was totally taken by surprise today at work. I had just gotten out of my one-on-one with my new awesome boss and we had a "team meeting" scheduled to go to. So I see everyone kind of standing around (which is nothing out of the ordinary) and everyone was acting retarded when I asked if we were having the meeting in the conference room at the end of the hallway. Finally we were ready for the meeting (read: all of my co-workers were ready) and as soon as I open the door...."Surprise!!!!" They had almost everyone crammed in there and the room was decorated, it was adorable!

I was totally and completely surprised and not expecting it so soon. The last person that had a baby shower had her baby before her shower so I thought we might keep that tradition alive. But alas my best work friend Mary said they were afraid I might go out on leave soon so they wanted to make sure to throw me a shower...before the baby was born. I thought that was the sweetest thing! They even let me leave an hour and a half before my normal quitting time of 3:30.

Everyone in my department has strapped on there doctor's coats and have given me the following diagnosis: At the end of this month the doctor will put me on leave and I am going to have this baby at the end of February. It is kind of freaking me out because all of the women folk seem to be in agreement with this. I was looking forward to a March baby but I guess she'll come when the good Lord decides, despite what the women in the department may say!  :roll:

In other news, I picked out flooring for the whole house (with the exception of the living room) and we are getting a very pretty Gunstock Oak laminate for the low price of 99 cents a square foot! YAY! I have also bought the paint and the house will be Antique White with an occasional fun color thrown in here and there. On tomorrow's agenda I will be heading out to buy the tile for the bathrooms. I have restored confidence that this house will be completed by the end of February at the latest. Lets cross our fingers just to be on the safe side.  :lol:

cimg1262.jpg  cimg1323.jpg

I'll save myself the embarrassment of any pictures of me...Friday is my "hobo Heather" day so I wasn't really looking my best!

4 comments:

  1. How adorable!!!! AND you were surprised! I knew! I knew!!! Glad you got some things for the baby now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, what an amazing surprise!! Look at all that pink stuff. . .hmmm, from a woman with three boys, that looks really cool, lol. :-) Lol, Hobo heather eh? I'm sure you look great, being pregnant is beautiful, but bloating too :-) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet!! That must have been such a wonderful surprise. And what a great price for the flooring! Such an exciting time for you!!

    xo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete