Friday, January 11, 2008

I Don't Know What To Do?

My diabetes has taken a turn for the worse this week...

My blood sugar numbers just keep getting higher and higher. I went from taking insulin at bedtime only to now I am taking bedtime insulin, breakfast insulin and dinner insulin. All of this happened this week. They say the "more pregnant" you are the worse your insulin control is but I think this is getting out of hand!

Tom told me not to worry about it but it is hard not to. I keep thinking about how my friend Trina developed gestational diabetes during her pregnancy and just recently gave birth a month too soon to a baby girl. Her blood was doing the exact same thing prior to giving birth so it makes me very nervous. I don't want to go into labor too soon because of this stupid diabetes.

I guess I just have to wait it out and see what happens...

5 comments:

  1. Just remember that the amount of insulin you take DOES NOT MATTER! Non diabetic women have the same climbing insulin needs, they just don't see proof of it everyday like we do.

    Have you ever visited Diabetic Mommy? It's a forum where you can ask questions and get support from people who have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is ok - thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to think happy thoughts.
    lower blood sugar numbers... lower blood sugar numbers... lower blood sugar numbers...

    Maybe if you say it often enough it will become reality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds quite stressful for you. I have no advice, just offers of an ear that is hear to listen. Hang in there, and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete