Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Eight out of Eight

Today marked the first day for the baby's bio-physicals. I had no clue what the bio-physical was all about so when we went today they gave us the breakdown.

They are basically just checking fetal movement and fluid levels. You get two points for proper fluid levels, two points if the baby kicks twice, two points if the baby punches twice and two points if the baby moves twice (I forget the exact word they used but she basically needed to wiggle two times). They also make sure she is breathing properly and check her heart-rate (150bmp today). Luckily today she was very active in the morning so once they told me what needed to happen I wasn't concerned. She has to perform all of these things with in a half hour and she completed all of her movements in about ten minutes.

The coolest thing about all of this is when you feel the baby moving you actually can see it on the screen. I enjoyed that the most! Usually I don't see the baby moving on the screen because they are constantly moving the wand thing around so I never can tell if they are moving or if she is.

So everything turned out okay and we scored eight out of eight. I am stoked I get to do this every week!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray!!! So cool that you got to see all the movement she was making!!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so awesome! I'm glad it turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I experienced this with my most recent pregnancy. It was scary the first time because I didn't know what to expect, but like you, I enjoyed watching my baby and seeing for myself that she was okay. I was able to see her so many times before she was born in those last few weeks that I felt like I really KNEW her when they put her in my arms!

    ReplyDelete