Monday, February 11, 2008

OMG!

I am SO ready to be out on leave of absence. I really just can't stand sitting in a chair for eight hours+ a day! It really is hurting me when I get up after sitting for so long. My hip joints hurt and my keyboard digs into my belly, fun times.

So, I was thinking of asking the OB to put me out when I go tomorrow. I am not sure hip pain and a sore back is much of a cause. I was considering making up a story but I can't do it. Maybe I'll just suffer it out. I am ready to go home! 3:30 can not come fast enough!

Shouldn't it be an unwritten rule that a pregnant person can be put out on leave in there last month?  I think it should be!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally remember the hip and back pain, and actually have a website to suggest (don't worry that it says "plus-size"--it's really for all women: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm) and a home remedy to suggest (from a chiropractor on one of my email lists):

    Have mom lie on her back on the floor with her feet on the floor and her knees up. Keep the feet touching and have dad put his hands between her knees. Mom needs to pull together while dad "wishbones" her legs....GENTLY. She may get a "pop" or a crunch sound or no sound at all - all of which is perfectly normal. She may even feel it in her sacroiliac (SI) joints. This is classic for pregnant moms. he keeps doing this until they strengthen up and he can't pull them apart. If they don't strengthen within a few days of doing this, then, she may need to go see a chiropractor and get her SI joints checked. Often, the pubic bone won't release unless I've adjust the SI joints and vice versa....since it's all connected.

    hth,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, just cowboy up and ride it out a little longer. In the end it will all be worth it and you'll forget about the slight discomfort you are in.

    Not much longer now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so close! I hear you on the discomfort, though. It's not as fun towards the end......

    ReplyDelete