Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Really? Nothing?

Went to the OB today...nothing going on there. I am neither effaced nor am I dilated. Really it kind of bummed me out. I had contractions for a good amount of time on Friday night and then again Monday night. I thought for sure that would start this ball rolling but, nothing.

I do have that Group B Strep thing. So when I am admitted to the hospital to give birth they will hook me up to antibiotics. When they did cultures in October I didn't have it but now I tested positive so I got a letter to take with me to the hospital. I am not really concerned about that, a lot of women I know had the same thing when they gave birth.

Tom's favorite thing to ask me lately has become, "Are you going to hurry up and have this baby yet or what?" We are probably the two most impatient people so you can imagine that after eight months of waiting we are ready to see the end result.

Today is the beginning of going to the OB once a week. That really makes it feel like this pregnancy is coming to an end.

afdvzilpyh7ubfup-wrrjc.jpg

Above is a pic of Tom and I that we had taken this past Sunday. It really does little for my self esteem to be photographed next to someone that has lost 80lbs. While my face is getting wider and wider his face has gotten thinner and thinner. But I am still proud of him!

7 comments:

  1. Things will probably happen sooner than you think! The last month goes quickly, since you are either trying to get 3,000 things done before the baby arrives or sleeping :-) Don't worry!!

    The picture is super cute! :-) When I was in the hospital with Ellie, they gave me 4 bags of fluid when I was in labor because my blood pressure was low (its always low!) so in every single picture afterwards, I have 4 bags of fluid bloating my face out of proportion! ACK! I hate looking pictures of her in the hospital because I look like a fully-inflated blowfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look so happy! Well done to hubby on the 80 pounds! That's quite impressive. Hooooowever, I think your accomplishment is more impressive than his!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look so cute!! I remember how desperately you wanted to get pregnant, and now look... you're going to be a mommy SO soon!! I am totally impatient, too, so I know what you mean about be READY. It'll be soon, don't worry!!!!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I see in that picture is two extremely happy people!

    And hang in there. That baby will come out when the time is right. Patience is not something I was good with either, but after wanting to be pregnant for so long it was a little easier to sit back and just enjoy having my baby inside me at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture turned out great! Green suits the both of you. Can't wait to see the little one... Don't forget to call me when she's coming! Talk to you later <3

    ReplyDelete