Friday, July 27, 2007

The Brad Paisley Concerts

July 21st Fancythis and I traveled on down to Charlotte, North Carolina for a Brad Paisley concert. The drive was about eight and a half hours and was pretty uneventful. It is nice to just take the weekend off and get out of town for a few days! While we were there we got our nails done and had a nice dinner, you know girl time. When we got to the concert we used the same excuse that we used last year so that we could park in VIP parking...muhuwahaha. We waited in the world's longest line to pick our tickets up from will call and ended up missing the Taylor Swift portion of the concert. That was the first thing to tick us off. Then we get to our seats and we didn't like them, they were four rows from the front but we felt like we were off in left field, second thing to tick us off. Jack Ingram came on after we got seated and he sucked, third thing to tick us off. Kellie Pickler came on after him in her red high heels and was just adorable, she is a good entertainer and sings very well. It was sad, she started to sing this one song about her mother and how she was never around as a child and she started bawling, it was so sad it made me want to cry. I suppose it was hard for her to sing that song and be in her hometown all at the same time. Then Brad came on and the security person told us to go on up and stand right next to the stage. So that's what we did and we sung and danced and had a good ol' time! Unfortunately we again did not catch his hat or a single guitar pick! Better luck next time I guess.

****************************************************

July 25th Fancythis, Emmy and Fancythis's sister went to the State Fair and watched Brad again! Super fun! I think I had more fun here than I did in Charlotte. Emmy had me cracking up the whole time. The man in front of her did not get out of his seat the whole time which is really quite annoying when you are trying to dance and such during the concert. But other than that we all had a great time! At the end of the concert I walked over to the Meet and Greet area so that I could meet Brad. Once I was over there I realized my camera was missing, I then had a panic attack, ran back to our seats, no camera, called Em to see if L had my camera, L said no, Em looked at L's wrist and sure enough that is where my camera was L just forgot she had it on her wrist, crisis averted! I waited in line to meet Brad and when I got in there I was only slightly star-struck. He shook my hand said hi and thanks for coming to the show, autographed my album cover, took my picture and sent me on my way. It took all of two minutes. He is adorable and very shy, he seemed a little too skinny the road must be hard on him. So I guess we will be doing it all again next year and hopefully Fancythis will get to meet him next year.

6 comments:

  1. WHERE is this picture!!?!?!?!!? I'm dying to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of me and Brad I have to buy from him, i think. They haven't posted it on the website yet. You are not allowed to bring your own camera back there.

    The other pictures are on my camera and L still has the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he seemed a little too skinny... you are definitely starting to sound like a mommy. You get to meet Brad Paisley and notice that he seems a little too skinny. Sheesh! I would have been paying a little more attention to his hands or maybe what his eyes look like up close and in person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blog! I found it through a yahoo alert I get for Brad Paisley. I LOVE Brad! I love all his work (except Ticks, it grosses me out). I saw the show a while back and I loved it. I have to disagree about Jack Ingram. I thought he was wonderful! I guess I had the same reaction to Taylor Swift that you did to Jack. She bored me but she had a guitar player that was fun to watch.

    Congrats on the pregnancy. I'm pregnant too with my third - thankfully a girl this time! I'm due in 29 days! This will be my last (I'm having a tubal afterwards).
    Please be careful if you have a boy with the whole circumcision thing. I had my first son circumcised and it ended very badly. The doctor didn't do it right and my son had to go back for a second surgery. NOT fun at all! So we didn't circumcise our second son and I definitely think that's the way to go. I'd recommend not circumcising because babies are born just perfect the way they are and then you don't have to risk having complications (not that you asked, but anyway that's my two cents...).
    Also with the coworkers and breastfeeding - I'm glad you're not worried about it anymore. It's pretty easy once you and the baby get the hang of it. I think most women are a little sore at first but it's not that bad. Some hosptials even have lactation consultant nurses who can help you if you're having trouble. I definitely recommend that too because it's so much cheaper than formula! LOL But don't feel bad if you can't breastfeed. Just do what's best and what works for you and the baby.
    Good luck with your pregnancy. I enjoyed your blog.
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a Brad Paisley Concert (a friend won front row seats). I was very shocked and disappointed when at the end of the concert he just walks off the stage. He never really interacted with any of his "fans" I had previously that Brad was a nice down to earth person how sad to find him to be standoffish to the fans that make him the “Male Vocalist of the Year” My friend and I both agree we were glad we did not pay for the tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If anyone is interested...I have 4 tickets and 4 meet and greet tickets for the next Brad Paisley concert in Cincinnati Ohio after May 6 , 2010. These tickets were donated by Brad and his agent to Women Helping Women in Cincinnati Ohio for our 2010 auction. The auction is May 6...they will be on our online auction as well starting April 7, 2010. Please contact me if you are interested in receiving more information regarding these tickets. My email is angelaeven@yahoo.com. Or you can call Women Helping Women directly and ask for Angela Even at 513-765-5994. Thank you for you interest.

    Angela Even
    Women Helping Women
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Auction Chair
    2010 "Light Up The Night Gala"

    ReplyDelete