Saturday, July 7, 2007

Vacation and Identity Theft.

Here is a little tiny recap.

Vacation was a lot of fun! Saturday we went to our family reunion, super fun, someone asked me if I was still considering adoption? Where do people get this shit? Sunday was G-Pa's memorial service and Monday was the funeral. It was a military funeral at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetary and the gun shots scared the shit out of me. It was a beatiful service and I was slightly amazed at the whole process. After the funeral we went to the St. Louis Zoo, my favorite zoo in the world. After the zoo, Tom and I caught a baseball game, it was awesome, our seats were awesome, we had an excellent time! The game was the St.Louis Cardinals -vs- Arizona Diamondbacks, Cards won! Yay! Tuesday we went to the Anheuser Busch Brewery in St. Louis and got two free beers at the end. After that we had barbecue pork steaks with my Aunt and Uncle, delicious! After dinner Tom and I went to the movies and watched Transformers, it was pretty good. Wednesday we woke up and met my Great Aunt and Great Uncle for breakfast, super fun, she is my favorite Aunt and just loves us to death. After that we drove down to Dexter to another Aunt and Uncle's house and the whole family including 47,000 children came over and we had a party and shot fireworks off in the front yard, good times! Thursday, we went to the Current River in Van Buren and went tubin' super fun! Tom got sun-poisening and everyone else got sunburn too! Dad and I have the least severe sunburn due to our natural olive complexion, thank God! After tubin' everyone drove from Dexter to Poplar Bluff to meet us for dinner at an awesome steak house, delicious! After dinner Mom and I went to Walmart to buy some Aloe, my debit card was denied for $15.00!?!? I thought must be something wrong with the system because I have plenty of money. Got back to the hotel and logged on the the internet there to see why I had no money, negative $30.00, what the hell is going on! I looked over the charges and someone had charged over $800.00 in fraudalent charges!!! I nearly had a stroke! I called the bank and cancelled my cards, keep in mind I am a thousand miles from home! They said it was most likely someone stealing my card information from the internet and that I would have to come in a fill out paperwork and they will start to recover my money. Beings it was a Thursday and I am in Missouri it was not so easy to just come fill out paperwork!!! Ahhh! Friday we left for Pigeon Forge, Tenn. for the fun of it? Dad wanted to drive hours out of the way so that we could look around and see if we wanted to go on vacation there!?! We drove down the main drag and turned around in a parking lot, Tom turned around in the same parking lot but managed to hit the curb and rip off the skirting around the bottom of our Dodge Magnum! That was a hilarious situation that I will have to write about later. We rode home after that and we were on the road a total of 24 hours and drove right to the bank to fill out our fraud paperwork! Needless to say I am exhausted and will be sure to post pics and write more later, this vacation slowly turned into a vacation from hell and has left me wondering if my identity is stolen.

6 comments:

  1. eek! what a bummer! I hope everything turns out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! hope the bank can recover your money quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I hope everything gets sorted out quickly -- how stressful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I hope the bank situation gets cleared up SOON! How stressful!!! Glad there were some fun parts of the trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope it all gets straightened out soon. How scary!

    I am glad you had a great time other than that, and that your G-Pa's funeral service was so beautiful and fitting for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh God. I'm sorry to hear about this! I hope Karma finds whoever did this quickly!

    ReplyDelete