Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A HUGE Blessing!

So many of you may be asking, what was your blood test for that you were so anxiously sitting on pins and needles for? You want to know don't you? Okay I'll tell you, are you ready, are you completly sitting down? I am PREGNANT!!!  Four weeks pregnant to be exact! As I type this I am really still in shock! I am so excited and anxious. But mostly I can't believe it. After all this time spent trying, I am pregnant! I have not taken a single fertility drug in exactly a year to date of conception! Yay! I got pregnant on my own, I can't believe it!!!

I want to give an enormous thank you to everyone that was with me during this trying time in my life. I can not express how grateful I am to all the prayers and shoulders that I cried on through all of the treatments and disappointments. Come to find out people were praying for me and I never even knew which makes me even happier! I feel so blessed and am glad that I have such a great "support group!"

I had my suspicions I was pregnant when I didn't get my period on vacation (since it has been very regular). I decided Sunday that I was going to take a home test on Monday when I woke up before work. I did and nearly had a stroke! Instantly it popped up positive! I almost fell to the ground I couldn't believe my eyes! I must have looked back at the box 20 times to make sure I was reading the test correctly. Once I was certain of the result I called the Tom and told him the good news! We both agreed I needed to check with the doctor first. I called the RE as soon as they opened and they told me to come on in. I called Mom and told her and then called L and told her. Of course they both wanted to come with me so they both went with me to my blood test, can you tell we were all excited! I had my blood drawn at 8:45 and didn't get a call until 5:25pm! I thought for sure I was going to explode if they didn't call to confirm. When they called I called every family member and close friend and let them know. I have never heard my family and friends scream so loud in my life. Everyone was crying and screaming it was a moment I will never forget! The doctor did tell me my progesterone was a little low so I will need to take progesterone until it gets better. I went today for more blood tests and my HCG level is really good and my progesterone is doing good too! That was a relief! I need to go to the doctors every two days so they can monitor my hormone levels and when I am six weeks they will do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is not ectopic.

Please keep praying for Tom and I! I really just can't thank everyone enough for there love and support!

P.S. If you were wondering who this post was written about, it's me!

13 comments:

  1. [...] don’t you let Lemons give you the update. You won’t be [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap!!! SOOOOO exciting! Congratulations! That is the most wonderful news I've heard in a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your little miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am SO HAPPY for you! Seriously, I can't wipe the smile off my face!!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog while surfing from Mama Doggy Love...

    I just had to say that it really is the most amazing feeling to get pregnant on your own after trying for a long time. For some reason it just feels incredibly special to have things happen the natural way.
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete