Thursday, August 30, 2007

BLECK!-Updated

I have a stinking head cold. The freakiest thing ever, it is only on the right side of my head/neck. Never had anything like it.

Nose is clogged and or snotty on the right nostril, right eye waters, right ear hurts, right side of neck hurts and my right side of my throat is sore! I think it is bizarre to say the least.

 This all started with  hellacious sinus headaches for about a week, maybe it is draining in the form of a cold. Either that or I have a sinus infection-on the right side.

Has anyone ever had this before?

Update:

My doctor said it seems like sinus congestion for right now and not a full blown infection. But if it goes untreated it will turn into a sinus infection so. I must use sea salt nasal spray for two days and try to flush out the congestion. Then I move on th Flonase nasal spray for two days and if that doesn't work I move onto amoxicillin until it clears up.

My solution to all of this was to fill the flonase and amoxicillin prescriptions today and immediately start taking both of them. I mean really, sea salt spray, get out of my town with that crap. I actually threw-up yesterday because I was so sick, then I immediately went to bed (around 6:00) and didn't wake up until 5:00 in the morning. I feel like death warmed over and sea spray is not going to cut it. Also I am drinking good old hot tea with honey and that makes my throat feels tons better.

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a sinus infection -- you should probably go to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good old Sinus Infection to me! :( Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that sucker back in June. Headache on one side, congestion and runny nose on one side and sore throat on one side. I treated it with lots of hot tea (with honey of course. very soothing for the throat) and Tylenol.

    It hung around for 2 friggin' weeks. Hope yours clears up much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I had that a few weeks ago, it was the most awful thing! I wish you a super speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happens to me when the weather starts to get cold and then usually again when the weather gets warmer. I have to echo the others - it's probably one sinus that is infected or inflamed and the sore throat on one side is a result of drippage on one side. Nasty, I know. Sorry to have to say "drippage" in your comments!

    Anyway, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer! I agree w/girlymama, go see a Doctor.
    Then again, YOU have been saying that to ME for like months now..........

    I am going today at 11:45, what is your excuse! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just punishment from a higher authority for you always being so mean to me! :)

    Seriously, It feels like a punishment!!! :cry:

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, I have totally had a cold like that. Ugh.. Hope you feel better soon!!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete