Monday, August 13, 2007

Makayla Mondays

Let me preface this by saying that every Monday in the summer I go and pick my oldest niece up from daycare when I get off of work. Usually she will talk your ear off. Last week she asked my five hundred thousand questions. This week she sang songs and was fairly quiet. She sang a lovely rendition on Aqua's Barbie Girl song:

"I'm a boppie girl in a boppie world"

"It's in taffy, It's in taffy"

I didn't have the heart to tell her she was singing it ass-backwards, she was so proud of herself!

When we got home I made her a sandwich and she ate some cookies. Finally I was able to sit down with her (of course after I vacuumed the cookie crumbs of the couch). She likes to rough house with a few people me being one of them. I have however asked her repeatedly to stop jumping and hitting my belly, you see where this is going don't you. So we are sitting there and she starts to press on my belly. All of a sudden:

Mak: Did you hear that

Me: Hear what

Mak: It went meep

Me: What did?

Mak: I think it was your baby in your belly

Me: Is that because you were pressing on my belly?

(Insert child's evil grin)

Me: I told you if you keep doing that you might hurt her.

Mak: It's not a her! It's a boy, right Aunt Heather?

Me: We still have to wait to find out!

Mak: AWWWW!

This child cracks me up!

flowers-063.jpg

This was taken today, she was very busy watching Nemo, no time for pictures!

flowers-054.jpg

This pic is from her birthday party a couple of months ago: Uncle Tom, Mak and Aunt Heather

2 comments: