Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Finance Nazi

In our family I am the one that writes out the bills and takes care of any and all paperwork. Husband prefers it this way, sure we will have an occasional spat about me spending too much money but when I offer him the checkbook responsibility he is ducking and dodging. He knows the checkbook is a pain in the ass, quite frankly worrying about bills is a pain in the ass. My husband would also prefer I never ever put anything on either credit card. I totally and completely understand that but sometimes you just have to. Lately Tom has been on this pay off bills and don't use credit cards rampage. This is just fine by me. So you can imagine my surprise when he says, lets go to Rome, just put in on the credit card. Ummm...I don't think so. Rome is something we will be saving for next year as previously planned. Clearly my husband had lost his damn mind!

We have been planning to go to Italy to celebrate our ten years of being together four of which are the married years. We thought about this trip last year and I really didn't imagine being pregnant. So there is only one thing to do, pump milk for a week and ship our little baby off to his/her grandparents!  ;-)  No really I am being serious.

5 comments:

  1. go right after you wean the baby. you'll have earned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting anyone to watch a kid for a week. I have been trying for years to get anyone to watch the kids for a week. I never have any takers. My suggestion, don't let the grandparents anywhere near the baby until that week of vacation, that way they are eager to watch him/her. If they watch the baby before hand and notice that they have diapers, feedings, cryings, etc.... they won't want to watch the kid. You just might as well plan on that week-long trip to Rome for you 20th wedding anniversary.


    HAHA! You crack me up! I have no worries, my parents watch Chase's kids damn near every weekend and when daycare is closed for a week. Knowing my mom and Tom's mom they will be thrilled to watch our kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it's your life (lol) but I second girlymama. You don't want to be in Rome pumping milk!

    But how nice to go to Rome! I'm jealous, I doubt I'll ever travel that far. I hope you bring back a lot of photos. Do you know where you are going to go and what you'll see there? I bet you have it all planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] and I just might be making it to Italy this year after all! Several months ago I had briefly mentioned that Tom and I wanted to go to Italy when our ten year anniversary came around. That would be this [...]

    ReplyDelete