Monday, August 13, 2007

Nightmares

Okay the past few weeks, I have been having nightmares that wake me from my sleep. They are very terrifying and on Saturday it woke me up in the middle of the night. My chest was pounding and my back was hurting. In the dream I was in a car accident, I was driving along with three other cars. I was the car that was second to the last we are all driving down the street and all of a sudden my car jerks to the side of the road and gives me whiplash. I twisted my back in the dream. When I woke up my back hurt.

I have been thinking a lot about this dream and I think it represents all of the pregnant people in my life right now.  All of them drove fine and dandy but my car crashed.

I had another nightmare last night that woke me up but it didn't scare me as much and I can't recall what it was about. However I was very scared and kept thinking someone was in the house when I woke. I think that was partly due to my fear of the unknown aka I am scared of the dark (sometimes).

Has anyone else had this nightmare problem? Or am I just a psycho, haha!

5 comments:

  1. I've had a few scary dreams, but mostly they are just very vivid. I'm not a visual person, so my dreams are usually cloudy. A friend of mine had really bad nightmares the whole time she was pregnant. I think it's a combo of the hormones and the anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely! vivid dreams and nightmares are extremely common during pregnancy. My second trimester I would remember 4 or 5 dreams every night. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't look to much into them, like the ladies above, I've heard that strange dreams/nightmares are all part of the pregnancy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'v ebeen having very vivid dreams lately. Saturday night I had two different dreams that involved me having to hide from someone who was trying to get me.

    weird.

    maybe its a pregnancy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so not psycho! I have really vivid dreams sometimes, too, that I would rather not have! I have heard that pregnant women sometimes have weird dreams like that that represent fear of the unknown. I had a lot of crazy dreams in the weeks leading up to my wedding!

    ReplyDelete