Saturday, October 6, 2007

First Appt.

Thursday was my first appointment with the new OB! I haven't met the doctor yet, I saw the nurse, she was very nice. Tom and I filled out fifty bazillion forms and talked to the nurse for like an hour.

She was very informative and a refreshing change of pace from the other doctors office who never told me half of the stuff the new doctor's office told me.

The nurse also told me that due to my "health issues" there is a possibility that I will be induced a week before my due date to ensure that my doctor will be there to deliver.

Tom cracks me up, he took tips from the movie "Knocked Up" and asked how many doctors do they have on call, in-case my doctor is not available. I almost died laughing right then because I knew he got that from the movie! They have 8 or 9 but she ensured us the doctor always tries to deliver her own patients.

I will meet the doctor on Monday so I hope I like her as much as I liked her nurse!

2 comments:

  1. that's really unusual in a large practice - that the doctor will actually try to deliver her own babies. sounds neat! i remember PRAYING that the old mean doctor would not be on call when I went into labor....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inducing a week before your due date.....

    Hmmm..... I think I know what date I will have to pick in the Talk Delaware pool now. Thanks for the inside info.


    Ha! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete