Sunday, September 23, 2007

Family Camping...

Tom and I headed down to Elk Neck State Park on Friday for our adventures in camping. It was coming close to being dark so we put the tent up and headed back to town to eat dinner at Woody's in North East, MD. Dinner was awesome! Tom had lobster tails and I had crab au grautin. We headed back to camp after dinner and created a fire, roasted marshmallows and went to bed.

We decided to leave the top off to get some air in the tent. Around 6:00 it started raining, we hopped out of bed and ran around the tent putting the top on, fun times. Of course I couldn't sleep because A) I was hungry and B) I still am sick and could hardly breathe out of my nose. I went to take a shower around 9:00 only to realize mid-shampoo that I forgot a towel. So I did the only thing I could do short of hiking back to the tent naked. I wore my clothes back to the tent without towel drying...lucky me. As by this point my stomach is eating itself I scoured the van for something to eat and found graham crackers. I went back to the tent and stared off into space until around 10:00 when I decided I will surely starve to death and that we must go find a Denny's. I woke Tom up and told him  I was hungry so he finally got up and showered. As we are driving back to town we see Mom, Dad and Mak pass us on the way to the campground so we turned back to go talk to them (no phone reception). Thank God they had Arbys and I finally was able to eat!

We spent the rest of the time setting up the rest of camp, playing on the playground and enjoying each other's company. Good times!

The campsite:



The view from behind the tent:



Our resident lizard:



Dad tearing down a rotten tree:



Tom assisting Mak on the monkey bars:

4 comments:

  1. that is the BEST picture of Tom and Mac!!!! Glad you had a good time!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love camping! Bummer you had a stuffed up nose and weren't feeling all that well. Regardless, it still looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camping is a great family getaway. I wish we had made it more than once this summer.

    And I'm beginning to wonder if lizards are jealous of the gecko and starting to pose for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol you didnt bring food camping ?
    Camping is great wait till the baby is around 7 or 8 kids have a blast (our 14 and 16 yr old still do) .

    Its a fun thing that really does bring a family togther


    We did bring food but I am a lazy camper. Isn't that bad, I just didn't want to drag all the crap out to make breakfast and then clean it all up!

    ReplyDelete