Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Damn You Diabetes!-Updated

Friday, I had my monthly appointment at the Diabetes doctor. They kindly informed me that my sugars look great and that I have really good control. In the next breath they tell me that I will soon be put on insulin since I am now in my second trimester. Of course the RE told me ten weeks ago, that insulin is a possibility for my future...I guess I was in denial! I have really good numbers so my brain can not focus on why I need to take insulin shots!

Every Monday and Thursday you have to fax or call in your blood sugar numbers. Yesterday I faxed them in and no one called all day! I had faxed them in around 8:00am and didn't hear anything. Tom and I went off on our errands after I got home from work so I missed there call. The lady wants me to call her back (Tues)  that she needs to talk to me! Ahhh! I just know it, this it, this is the insulin call! All night I kept rambling to Tom about not wanting to take insulin...whine, whine, whine.

So I called this morning and haven't heard anything back yet...the suspense is killing me!

Update:

I called the office again, cause' I'm a stalker like that! The lady said I need insulin in the morning, then she asked what my sugars were this morning and they were normal, as usual. Then she says well that is really good what are you eating? When I said a bagel with egg and cheese I was scolded because that is too much carbs in the morning. I now have to eat whole wheat bread with egg and cheese instead. They are going to see how my eating is controlling my sugars and then if they don't see an improvement they will go ahead with insulin. The lady kept going on about how she can't believe I'm not on insulin and that she was impressed because my numbers are so good. Woo hoo! No insulin for now! Excuse me while I pat myself on the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment