Monday, April 2, 2007

The Fire Starter

All night I have been smelling something like wood on fire. I thought that is weird since it is blazing hot in here, who on God's earth would light a fire today. Well....

Around 10:00 I go outside to let the dogs out and notice smoke overcoming the half acre field next to our house. Then I see the origin of this fire. The freshly laid mulch underneath the trees. What the hell!

It looked like maybe half the circle under the tree was smoldering! I run inside and get a drinking glass full of water to douse the flame. No luck, I go back in side and fill my 3 gallon bucket up with water. Poured it over the flame and I'll be dipped in shit if it wasn't still on fire! I had to go back in two more times and fill the bucket up with water to put this mulch fire out!

Fire Marshall Heather to the rescue!

I can conclude that this is my husband's doing (cigarette butt).  I am just glad our neighbors didn't see it and call the damn fire brigade! That is about all I need!

3 comments:

  1. GIRL!!! You need a little less drama in your yard this week. Chasing dogs, fires...

    this may not be a good week to have a bar-b-q ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Glad you caught that one before it got out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you. I have decided thusly.

    ReplyDelete