Thursday, April 26, 2007

Losing Weight

Well as most of you know I have lost about 7-8 pounds. I have cut back on my eating entirely. Prior to my weight loss I was not watching what I ate and not exercising. Now, I eat three meals a day and I only eat a snack if necessary.

I have not eaten any bread, rolls, crackers, chips, candy, cake, etc, etc. This was super hard for me as I am addicted to food just like a smoker is addicted to cigarettes. I hadn't realized how addicted I was to food. The first few days of my "detox" I was ready to literally pull my hair out! I am much better now though and am really sticking to what I deemed as healthy.

My typical day is:

Breakfast: Light and Fit Carb and Sugar Control yogurt, an apple

Lunch: Salad or Some form of meat and vegetables

Dinner: 2 Fried eggs on wheat bread or  some form of meat and vegetables or salad

Snacks: Carrots, applesauce, string cheese, Carb-Smart Ice Cream bar

I don't typically snack, but if I do, the above would be a possible item I might eat.

I am also walking about one mile a day. I will eventually join a gym when I start to plateau but for now I am going to do the above.

I was/am an emotional eater so anytime something upset me I would eat. This thing with my "friend" has kind of set me off a little. I am trying to ignore it so that I can keep my eye on the big picture. Losing weight.

How does everyone else lose weight? Suggestions? Recipes?

8 comments:

  1. You're doing great!
    I've lost 70ish so far, with another 70ish to go -- the way I do it - strict calorie control (I have NO metabolism left after about 40 years of yo-yo dieting) and exercise 30 minutes a day 4 to 5 times a week. My favorite snack is plain air popped popcorn -- I dont' have it every day, but on those days that seem just impossible it's a real treat. I also try to keep a positive attitude and put health first (not size). Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing 3 miles a day on my Gazelle, crunches, and stretches. As for diet I just added salads and fruits because I don't eat that much anyway. But you've lost way more than I have. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! And keep up the good work! You should be so proud of your weight loss so far! I try to stay consistent with my exercise and try not to beat myself up if I indulge a little bit. But it's a constant struggle. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't speak to the weight loss (yet...) but would suggest the couch-to-5k running program found at www.coolrunning.com. Ok, now this sounding like a sales pitch, but I've just finished the program and can now run for 30 minutes at a stretch (ok - I usually walk a bit in the middle) and I NEVER thought I could do that before. So check it out if you've ever wondered if you could be a runner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy hell, woman! Good for you!!! It sounds like you've got a great thing going! One of my favorite things to make that's super healthy is an egg white omelet with fresh veggies inside (I alternate combos of avocado, tomato, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, etc.) and I also throw in a scoop of fat free cottage cheese or fat free feta while it's hot so it gets melty. YUM! I want to go make one now!

    And don't let the situation with your "friend" get you down. Take that anger/frustration and go walk TWO miles! :o) One thing that's great to do when walking is to bring along a pair of dumbells and do arm exercises while you walk. It helps tone your arms and increases your muscle mass, which helps burn even more fat. Also, alternating between a normal walking pace and speed walking sprints has proven to really boost the calories burned.

    Ok....I'm gonna shut the hell up right now and start taking my own advice! I need to drop at least 15 pounds fast or I'm gonna have to buy a new wardrobe. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Amber the nutritionist/exercise guru!!!! You go girl! Great advice!

    Lemons -

    I am so proud of you. The way you're handling a struggle that is more than just skin deep, is uplifting and encouraging to everyone around you. I love you so much, and I know that you know that the reason I'm excited for you has NOTHING to do with how you'll look, but how you'll feel and the length of life you'll have for the children I KNOW God is going to bless you with.

    Keep up the awesome work!!!

    Love you SO much,

    fancythis

    PS We'll recipe swap later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your results to date...you're off to a great start!

    Add some strength training to help with the weight loss. Something simple like push ups and squats would be great. You can find a post on my blog on building a beginners exercise routine.

    :-)

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes and words of encouragement! I really need that, losing weight is SO hard for me. What makes it worse is I know that if I don't lose the weight I am not going to be able to get pregnant. I am trying to use that as a motivator instead of a downer, but sometimes it is hard! It is nice to know I have my family and friends rooting for me! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete