Thursday, May 31, 2007

Justice, for once!

Driving to and from work is dangerous. Almost everyone seems to be in a hurry and doesn't want to wait in line. They want to be first, they want to cut you off or speed carelessly. Which leads me to my next story.

I am driving to work this morning and I am coming down RT 13 to the turn lane to get on RT 1. The turn lane is HUGE and you usually have to wait in a long line to be able to get on to RT 1. I am waiting in line ever so patiently as I am used to the large volume of cars. The light turns to green and we all start going, I am right about were I will need to turn my wheel and cross the road and out of nowhere a car cuts in front of me and into the turn-lane. I slammed on my brakes and laid on the horn.

 He is still in-front of me and I decide I am going to pick my phone up and look like I am calling the cops on him. I called Tom and checked on him at work, hung up. I look in my mirror and see a trooper. Checked my speed, I wasn't speeding. The trooper gets behind me and then over into the far left lane. He is a little ways in-front of me and turns his flashy yellow lights on and his turn blinker to get in-front of me. I slow down some and give him ample room to slide over. The car that cut me off mind you, is now in-front of the cop. Just then, the cop flicks his lights on and as the red and blue flashed out, I said aloud, YES!

The trooper surely did just pull that jack-off over that cut me off! Victory is mine! Well it may not make up for the dumb ass from yesterday, I was glad the cop saw him or heard my horn whatever the case was and pulled that guy over. I think I have a slightly renewed faith in the police force around here!

5 comments:

  1. I'm saying, "Yes!" with you! It's good to know that the police out there are doing their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, troopers ARE your best protection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see they aren't busy hassling decent citizens and are actually nabbing some obnoxious folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always WISH that would happen... that when I think, "I wish a cop would pull that guy over," a cop actually WOULD. I would have been so psyched, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT. Is an awesome story and happy ending! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete