Saturday, May 19, 2007

Well Folks, It Was Bound To Happen..

I went to Dr. F yesterday and had my first exam and blood-work at his office. I love the people there and we were all dying laughing the whole time!

Here is the run down from this appointment:

  • Monday I did a two hour fasting glucose test, result: I have DIABETES!

  • They also checked my cholesterol: I have HIGH CHOLESTEROL!

  • They checked my liver function: It is not functioning properly. (most likely due to the cholesterol issue)

  • They checked my ovaries definitely have PCOS, but I am about to ovulate from my right side, they want me to use contraceptives so that I don't get pregnant. She said and I quote "you are very fertile"

  • My utereus looks "beautiful" I have a nice lining and there is no signs of abnormalities.


She asked me if I knew how to get my cholesterol down and I said "exercise" she was so excited that I knew that and we all started laughing!

Then she said I have some homework for you, I want you to keep a food journal and when I told her I already do that, she told me I needed the patient of the year award, we all died laughing! These women here are great!

I wasn't even upset either, in-case any one is wondering my feelings on this. This is what I have decided about my current state of issues:

  • Maybe I am not infertile, I ovulated on my own and my uterus looks "beautiful" and I have "a nice, healthy lining" is it clear to me that my body is just all out of whack and needs to be corrected

  • I am already doing the steps I need to: I eat a extremly low sugar diet and I exercise

  • My body hasn't caught up with the changes I am making, I need to lose more weight and then my the diabetes, cholesterol and high blood pressure will go away.


Call me optimistic but I am really not the least bit worried. She also wanted me to go see my primary care  physician and also go to some diabetes institute.  I will be doing that soon I suppose. I also have a grocery store tour scheduled with her. She takes you to the grocery store and shows you what to buy and what not to buy. This will be on Jun 2nd.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted! Pray for me when you pray!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, can't wait to hear about the grocery store tour!

    Your optimism is wonderful! Good for you! At least you know what you need to fix, and the rest of the news is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to hear that things are great in the fertility department! Keep up the good work on your weight loss! Sorry for the other news. You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for you, hope things are well and yes I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee not a whole lot of good news ... but great about the fertility ... Life can give us some "hard lessons" at times... Good to see your optimistic ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Glad you are ovulating. Most of us with PCOS don't ovulate without help. Sorry to hear about the diabetes, but at least you know that is manageable. Glad you are taking charge and getting your health together. Bon Chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't used to ovulate on my own. I had ovarian drilling and now my periods are regular and I ovulate every month. It doesn't hurt that I eat healthy and exercise either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! In spite of the fact that your news wasn't great, it's obvious that they care about you and that's what matters! I'm so happy for you! You know I'm praying :)

    ReplyDelete